Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Course MVP metrics

I had an idea last class (17/06) which I shared with Alex and Ortal.
Ortal insisted that I'll write it on the forum for her to remember and for us to comment on.
I wasn't intending to do so at first because I would then actually generate more work for the staff ... :)

Basically, I asked them, if you're (the staff) always speaking about how some parts of the course are sort of a MVP themselves, like the bulletin board, the forum, etc. - What do you think about showing us your metrics and progression along the past few courses?
It occurred to me that it would be interesting to see how this "product" pivoted in the last couple of years or so and how our feedback is considered in order to improve it for the next courses...



I'm not sure about the doability of quantifying the stats of the past courses into measure values as they might have not been collected, or maybe partially collected, so one could also take this idea as a suggestion for the upcoming course and those after - Defining metrics and collecting data regarding the course MVP.


The metrics definition could also be a makeup assignment*, if somebody still needs to do one...
* if the staff concurs

Shahar.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Shahar. Great idea indeed! We intend to implement it

    Here are a few ideas for key metrics to measure progress in the course:

    1. Percentage of MVP that make it to the next round ...(survival analysis)

    2. Number of semester a project survives.

    Any suggested for more metrics?

    3. Number of students who would like to enroll to the class

    4. Resources available to support the course and projects

    Any other ideas?


    The Teaching Team
    Helping People Help themselves & Others

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eitan, I'm sharing on our LinkedIn group.
    Thanks for the reply!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another good key metric would be the net promoter score.

    The Net Promoter Score, or NPS®, is based on the fundamental perspective that every company’s customers can be divided into three categories: Promoters, Passives, and Detractors. To see how the net promoter score is computed go to http://www.netpromoter.com/why-net-promoter/know/

    ReplyDelete