Hi,
I would like to share a link of an article I recently read.
It covers how a personal website increases your chances of being invited to a job interview.
Basically, if a potential employer will google your name, a personal website is most likely what will show up in the first google results. Especially if you registered a domain with your name in it. That gives you a great opportunity to create a good first impression.
Here is the link to the article:
Forbes: Why Every Job Seeker Should Have a Personal Website, And What It Should Include
And here is a website I created in the last few days. It doesn't feature much content yet, but it should be enough to 'harvest' people who google my name and forward them to my professional profiles on linkedIn etc. You can tell me what you think:
http://leopold-jaeckel.de/
Leo
Thnks!! This helped a lot!
ReplyDeleteThe website makes a very good impression on me!
ReplyDeleteI think the red cloak makes you look like a vampire. Not such good impression on potential employer. Removing it will be a good idea.
ReplyDeleteGood idea though.