Towards the end of 2012,
"Calcalist" published a rating of Israel's 50 finest managers.
The managers were chosen according
to the following parameters:
·
Performance
·
Credibility
·
Transparency
·
Consideration
of small share owners.
Number 1 On the list is Natan
Hetz, CEO & owner of "Alonei Hetz", a real-estate company.
From the article, It seems that the
latter, puts great value in keeping it transparent and communicating with its
investors and employees. He also emphasizes the importance patience and persistence
when patiently avoiding "trendy" investments and high risk – high revenue
deals.
Other principles that stood out
among the chosen managers is choosing professionals, strong and opinionative employees
who will not become "yes-men" as well as communicating with them
constantly.
They emphasize the importance of
developing employee skills and knowledge, assimilating a long term view and
binding the employees to the company's strategy.
I invite you to read further of the
managers of 2012 according to calcalist. What do you think is important to a
good manager? Is a manager born or built?
Hi Yael,
ReplyDeleteThis is a very interesting and challenging question.
I believe that a good manager is one that grows from the bottom and knows the employee's needs as well, because he was there.
When I searched for more information I found out that the combination of what I wrote and innate person character leads for a good manager.
You may read more:
http://www.guyariv.info/articles/mba
thank you chen I personally don't believe there's a right or wrong answer to this question. Wanted to raise the question. Get you to think about it, and i'm glad i did!
ReplyDelete