Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Rule #1 - warren buffet for gardeners

First of all, I'd like to thank Eitan and the team for granting me a present for contributing to class. I'm always happy to get presents, and books are my favorate present. It is a great idea to recognize contribution with a gesture, encouraging the community to take a greater part in the efforts of class and further engage.

The book was very informative both for layman and professional business people, basically saying you have no control over the market but you can learn how to ride the waves of those who do. The book gives you great tools to evaluate businesses, even your own businesses...

Along the process you get exposed to many tools the investment gurus' work with, specifically Warren Buffet, and learn about investment strategies that exist but are not for us (yet)

The translation was poor, and the style is for people with IQ lesser of the average technionic. But with that said, I found value in reading first time concepts in layman terms that event my gardener can understand.

It has been a while since I read such a comprehensive book, covering so many basic business concepts that are important to all of us, regardless if we plan to take part in the stock markets.

Recommended reading for all. Buy Rule #1

...and thanks again for the present :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment