First I would like to thank whoever read the title, and decided to enter my post to read it.
Last lesson, Prof. Gerstner gave us a permission to give an honest feedback on our course. At first I thought to myself, no way I'm telling whats on my mind. Then, as Prof. Gerstner kept encouraging us to also say things that will improve the course, I decided to say whats on my mind.
Our course contains various of students, from around the world. It is a great opportunity for us to realy get to know students from abroad, and learn from them new skills and so forth. You know what, we don't even have to learn specific from the abroad students. We can learn from each other, even from the students that are from here. The problem is, that we never get a chance to really share with our class mates our knowledge, and our experience. I am sure that among us we have great minds. Students with lots of tips, to really help us improve, and make the best out of the course using our small community.
I would like to suugest a way to get to know each other and use that knowledge that our community friends have, by letting each leasson 5-10 min for a student to introduce himself, and tell us his experience with the industry. That way we can get to know each other, and really use the tips we're getting from our community members and try to impliment it on our lifes.
Who's with me?!?
Last lesson, Prof. Gerstner gave us a permission to give an honest feedback on our course. At first I thought to myself, no way I'm telling whats on my mind. Then, as Prof. Gerstner kept encouraging us to also say things that will improve the course, I decided to say whats on my mind.
Our course contains various of students, from around the world. It is a great opportunity for us to realy get to know students from abroad, and learn from them new skills and so forth. You know what, we don't even have to learn specific from the abroad students. We can learn from each other, even from the students that are from here. The problem is, that we never get a chance to really share with our class mates our knowledge, and our experience. I am sure that among us we have great minds. Students with lots of tips, to really help us improve, and make the best out of the course using our small community.
I would like to suugest a way to get to know each other and use that knowledge that our community friends have, by letting each leasson 5-10 min for a student to introduce himself, and tell us his experience with the industry. That way we can get to know each other, and really use the tips we're getting from our community members and try to impliment it on our lifes.
Who's with me?!?
Great Idea!!! maybe for the class one of the students who already works will be ready to tell us about his experience, thanks Loren!! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for your nice comments :)
DeleteI think that your idea is a great idea too :) We should ask the Prof. next session what he thinks about that.
I agree! it's more effective then just sitting near each other.
ReplyDeleteThis idea is the best sharing experience.
Thanks Loren! (:
Thanks for your comment Topaz :)
DeleteI really hope we could share and learn more from each other experience.
I agree,i think the idea that this course is great,but we did not do it very well.during the class ,i hope we can have more opportunity to share our knowledge to others.maybe we can increase the times of presentation that is given by students,like 5 minutes for one and 2 for each time we have class.we can show to the class not only the ppt we made,but also the program we compile,the video we find.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't agree more :)
DeleteThanks for your comment!
Hi Loren!!
ReplyDeleteI have a suggestion.. I think what you said is really important.
In order for us to meet and get to know everyone in class, I think it should be out of the building. Then when you get more connected and know everyone better, people in the community will help each other and share knowledge. My suggestion is that we will arrange an activity outside of class, go to a pub or a coffee shop. I also don't have a problem to offer my house but I don't know if people will be willing to come to Even Yehuda. What do you say? :)
Hi Adi,
ReplyDeleteI very much like your idea. We can arange a night out with our community. The theme could be: Helping us helping you. We could talk about our experience, share knowledge and be more proactive then in class.
Maybe you could suggest your idea to the community, and we'll see what they think of that.
Hey Loren!
ReplyDeleteI’m with you! You will lead me to a bar and I'll follow :)
And for more series comment, I think it's a great idea, each class every student will present short presentation about something interesting. Not necessarily skills or experience he has but any story worth to be told.