Hi,
We talked today in class about the lean start-up methodology and we mentioned some features and benefits of it.
I would like to discuss about something that has not been discussed a lot, but is critically important.
5 disadvantages of feedback:
- People always sound a lot more sure than they really are or qualified to be.
- You forget that the people whom you are getting feedback from is wayyyyy more clueless than you are
- Too much data is as confusing as no data
- You lose your gut intuition, which is a critical component of any successful startup
- There really is a danger of getting feedback from the wrong users (e.g. media / influential bloggers). Even if you leave a good first impression, you create an un-neccessary pressure to stick to your "vision". Lose lose.
I'm not saying that feedback is bad, but it is important to be aware to the other side of the coin!
Good to know what are disadvantages of every method, in that way we can try to avoid them.
ReplyDeleteAt some point during the development cycle, qualitative and quantitative feedback will be necessary to measure product-market fit and general progress ...
ReplyDeleteI agree, and therefore it also important to consider at what point we get feedback.
DeleteFor example, the feedback received from the characterization can be different from feedback we receive in the development stage, after customers have already seen the prototype of the start-up.
I also asked for feedback when I worked on my final project (that I did last semester), and it helped me to know what my customers want and what they do not want. But because the project's resources were limited, it took me a lot of time to distinguish which feedback is more important and which is less.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete