I don't know if anyone is going to post articles in English so here are a few, just in case
1) For many startups, raising a round of funding is a day of celebration. It’s exhilarating knowing that someone believes enough in your idea to put money behind it. Raising a round, though, doesn’t mean that a startup has “made it” or that the entrepreneurs behind the venture are on their way to tech stardom.
2) we talked about being more healthy in order to save money (many tips talk about quitting smoking, eating healthy etc.) here is an article on how to break bad habits
3) Yum! Brands Inc. (YUM) and McDonald’s Corp. (MCD) said they are working with Chinese suppliers to ensure the safety of food they serve after China Central Television reported the companies may have sold chicken that had been indiscriminately fed antibiotics and growth hormones.
4) Toyota Motor Corp. (7203), the company that has paid the most in fines to the U.S. auto-safety regulator, agreed to pay a $17.4 million civil penalty for delaying reports of a vehicle defect.
Hello Eyal,
ReplyDeleteFirst, thank you for posting links to English articles!
For me, the 2nd and the 3rd articles are the most interesting ones as I usually inform myself as much as possible on consumer protection and daily psychology.
2. Changing habits:
- I believe that my most important habit is to change my habits. This is exactly one of the problems mentionned in the article: "Dean says most people are unsuccessful at keeping resolutions because they try to change too much at once with only vague plans and goals. For example, instead of resolving “to be healthier” or “exercise more,” resolve to “jog 15 minutes every morning before breakfast.” "
- I also agree with the author that the popular "3 weeks to get used to a new habit" is too generalized and depends on the person.
- The best tip on changing habits I've received in the last two weeks:
>> Every time you open/close a door, think about this specific new goal in your life. <<
(I am poor on implementing this yet.)
3. Fastfood scandal at McDonald's, KFC, ...
- For me, a misuse of antibiotics in the chicken industry is not surprising regarding the huge amount of chickens killed to serve KFC only.
Best regards,
Viktoria
ReplyDeleteHi Eyal!! I really enjoy the second article. It’s good to reflect about daily things like how we behave and how improve bad habits. I agree totally with Dean. I want to share with the community 2 tips that a read there and I implemented in the past with my nutrition. They were very useful.
1) The article invites us to “Replace The Bad Habit With A Good Habit”.
2) “Don’t Suppress Thoughts About The Bad Habit”. When we try not to think about something, the brain starts making it even more persistent.
Example: If you want to start a diet. Tell to yourself “Eat healthy” and don’t say “Don’t eat chocolates”.
Hey,
ReplyDeleteI chose the article about bad habits.
Unfortunately, I have many bad habits:
I smoke, eat junk food, nibbling nails and barely work out
I have a long way to get rid of my habits, but the article you posted actually offers some good tips how to start, I chose:
Replace The Bad Habit With A Good Habit-
Easier to find a replacement than make a drastic change
Find a rescue plan -
preparing distractions for when you find yourself incredibly tempted
I've posted a brief summary about the Kaizen way, the method offers an easy way to make a big change - by dividing the task into very small steps that are easy to implement -
I tag the summary under the label MAKE UP, I recommend you to read
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteI chose this article because I think we must start to eat healthier food. It’s very annoying to read it and find sentences like “We take food safety very seriously”, when we really can’t trust in this kind of companies. I invite to the entire community to watch this video which shows the decomposition of a Mc Donald’s burger in comparison to a homemade burger. Discover by yourself the difference!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy7Y8ZLIIt8
Eyal, thank you very much!!
ReplyDeleteI like the last essay, because it reminds me that we should react quickly to any negative feedback towards on our product. Though needs of customers are diverse, it doesn't stop our steps to probe the problems. Maybe sometimes we could find another market space through the process besides resolving the basic problems.