Hey all,
Tzav ∞ is a Technion social community designed for students at the Technion serving in the military reserves and for their girlfriends or wives.
The purpose of this community is to allow social interaction for the large community of military reserve soldiers studying at the Technion. Here, these serving students can catch up on the material they have lost, organize in study groups, upload and share what they have learned from lectures, tutorials and other notes with their community. Our service will allow them to advance together further then they could have on their own.
Our Facebook group today:
Contains useful links, articles,deals and all sorts of things that can help the serving students.
Our site today:
Contains all the information regarding the serving students such as:
extended privileges from Technion, benefits and special deals, summaries, tips, carpooling board, military reserves forum and girlfriends forum.
extended privileges from Technion, benefits and special deals, summaries, tips, carpooling board, military reserves forum and girlfriends forum.
Next steps:
- Changing the platform site from Google Sites to Wix in order to improve the graphic environment and add more features.
- Add more useful information.
- Publish our site and make our forums active.
- Connect the site to other projects in the course that are relevant.
- Collaborate with ASAT to endorse spacial benefits for the serving students at the Technion,for example-coffee shop coupons,new deals and so on.
We would appreciate your comments on our goals and work so far, and also directions or suggestion for the next steps.
You can also help us by filling the survey below.
Thank you!
Hi,
ReplyDeleteI like your project very much and I think it is very useful, though I am not familiar with the military reserves in Israel. As you mentioned in the introduction, I think you team has a thoughtful plan for the project. In order to publish your website or facebook group, I think you can cooperate with some organization in Technion that is in charge of military reserves affairs (Sorry that I don’t know whether there is a organization in Technion) and make your website and group become the official or a part of official website, which can largely activate your site in my opinion.
Hi,
ReplyDeleteGreat idea, and over the years I've heard a lot of students also raise a demand for such a site.
As I suggested in class, I think linking between all sites that appeal to the student community can contribute to the project's main goal – Helping 'miluimnikim' which is necessary for them to overcome the gap & in addition to bring movement of students into the sites so we can help ourselves to help others :)
As Wenwen, I may not understand to what extent military reserves affect Technion students' lives, but as other universities offer this kind of service, there is certainly a need for such a platform.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunataly, I don't understand Hebrew, but I am pretty sure that you are providing the information in a helpdful way and your descriptions sound well.
If you need any help with Wix, just ask. One tip: You can create a forum on Wix - it is an application in the appmarket.
Hi team,
ReplyDeleteAs I am frequently in Miluim I would want to know more whether there are others going to the same base as I'm going. Since there are many big millitary bases in Israel I'm sure that some people are going to the same place. This could be helpful in getting a ride or just sharing information and experiences.
Best wishes.