Sunday, December 2, 2012

IE4U- Team 4


Get everything you need for IE studies with a click of a button

With IE4U you can:
  • Share Tips on how to study for your courses. 
  • Upload & Download notes ,summaries & exams.
  • Give & Take used booklets for your courses!
  • Seek & Offer Help- Tutor the classes you aced
IE4U is FREE! Our goal is to enable the students to create the future they desire by offering them time-saving help, information, services and advice. We hope to achieve an environment where students can help each other through this application, and where it grows to be universally used by our colleagues.

We'll be more than grateful if you could give us any kind of recommendation for future development or  efficiency proposals.
Please Help us fit this site to our needs 
Thanks a lot,
IE4U


13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello team!
    I find your idea very useful! It's a great project, I like it very much! I think it will help to a lot of students, and through that it basically will help people to help themselves and other. So you are hitting the target of the whole concept of "social ventures".
    I have some suggestions for additions to your website:
    1. Publish your website as much as possible throughout the Technion, in order to reach a lot of students, and thus expose them to the information that will really help in their studies. (Post on facebook, tell it to your friends to spread the word etc.)
    2. As I already proposed in class, you should put links for downloading softwares, which students use during their studies. For example: Matlab, Stata, etc.
    Good luck with the project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I think it's great idea that can help a lot of students.
    in my opinion,you should also add recommendations about the free Selection courses or courses in other faculties that are recommended for students of the IE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys, I browsed though your site and I like the idea of your project, because it organizes all useful information for a student in one site instead of asat forums, dropboxes and undergraduate site.
    I think your main challenge is to get students involved in the site by creating contents there, otherwise it wouldn't be useful enough. The more information be there the more appealing it would be (think about Waze).
    Maybe you should approach Yor of industrial engineering and ask him to send an inviting email to the whole faculty asking to take a part and to contribute some content. But this only then your site will be ready.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I like your project very much and it is really very useful for our students. I am thinking about start a similar website for my classmates when I return to Taiwan.

    My suggestion is that we need a forum to communicate with each other and share the experience of courses and teachers. The section "Join our Discussion"is such a forum?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your suggestion, Wenwen.
      In case you do start a similar website when you return to Taiwan we wish you good luck, hoping it will succeed and help you and your classmates!

      Delete
  6. Hi,
    I really like your project since it's very useful for all of us and it can be a very helpful tool.My suggestion is first to change the site language to Hebrew since most of the students who will use it talk in Hebrew.Second you can add a section where students describe the amount of time you need to invest in the course and to divide it to time invest in HW and the amount of time you study to the test.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    I really liked your idea.
    Another source of advertising the site is to put up signs and flyers throughout the faculty.
    In addition to Marina’s comment I think it would be a good idea to publish a list of courses which also describes the different tasks and assignments in the course, is there a test or not, what’s the average - things that interest the majority of students

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irit,
      We appreciate your ideas and would do our best to implement them.

      Delete
  8. Here are my thoughts while using your website:
    - first, lovely page - well sophisticated
    - looks simple but a bit nude; you could put pictures on it or a video of someone using your pages
    - you should try to include materials from all the existing dropboxes, but maybe without pasting it one by one
    - "our vision" sounds as if you are a serious profit-oriented company, but for me this is a "from students for students" page; maybe rephrase to "about us"?
    - why do you have another background on courses?
    - where can I register in order to upload material?
    - I like the search engine!
    - What exactly is "join our discussion"? Is it the link to register? For me, it doesn't work!
    - As an advertisment tip, you could ask the faculty to cooperate withe you and maybe they would like to print a cool advertisement with you? Make it public over facebook and present it at the beginning of your classes (of course before the professor starts lecturing).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Viktoria,
      first thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion. Just wanted to say that we are working on the design.. that is why you see different design for different pages, it's in process and we're having a bit of difficulty with it- perhaps you'll be able to help :). We like "our vision" it was originally "about us" and we changed it. We are still working on the site and that's why it's not "on air" yet but we will definitely consider your thoughts. thanks!

      Delete
  9. Hi,
    You Have a great idea.
    If you add a place for recommendations on good courses, easy or interesting it will be great.
    Another option is to do a rating list of courses acording the above issues or other issues.

    ReplyDelete